RewardS OF Being A Volunteer!
We owe a lot to our Volunteers. From setup to takedown, we count on them to assist us with every single aspect of a Consign49 Event. They are the backbone of our sales, working side by side with the Consign49 team to make each sale bigger and better for everyone. We appreciate every minute we have with our volunteers, and have put together some great incentives and rewards for those who dedicate their time to us.
Consign49 Consignors and Volunteers receive passes to our presale, hours before everyone else!
because it's fun!
Volunteers get a front row seat to the retail madness that is Consign49. They get to see the amazing merchandise we take in before anyone else, and they also get to shop before the public, by receiving a pass to our private presale!
Our volunteers shifts run in four hour blocks. Consignors receive an extra 5% of their total sales for each 4 hour shift worked, up to a maximum of 15%. To be eligible for the maximum 15% additional earnings, one of the three worked shifts must include the sort on Sunday evening.
Even though consignor benefits max out after three shifts, if you love participating in our event, you can volunteer as much as you would like!
We also hold volunteer only prize giveaways. The more shifts you volunteer for, the more chances you have to win! "
Volunteer Job Descriptions
Here are some examples of what we would need your help with. If you see something that fits your qualifications or interest, PLEASE let us know!
Drop off: Are you detail oriented? Do you like inspecting and analyzing? This job is for you! Check-in consignors and inspect items for quality and condition. Remember, everything accepted must be in nearly-new, excellent condition. Be ready to turn away items that aren't up to Consign49 standards.
Organizer: Perfect for someone who loves organization, or someone with retail experience. Help us place inventory on the sales floor. Clothing, shoes, accessories, purses, etc. are arranged in respective places.
Register Assistant: Can tend to get crazy, but always fun! Especially when you see firsthand the deals shoppers have scored. Help checkout items as you remove the hangers and bag the bargain buys.
Sales Floor Assistant: Help out during sale times. Assist us in keeping the sales floor in order. Pick up items from the floor, return displaced items, organize shoes, etc... Help out any shoppers who need assistance.
Sorter: Be part of the group that wraps it all up. Sort donated items and unsold items by consignor numbers, in preparation for pick up.
Can't volunteer, but you have other ways to contribute to a successful Consign49 Event?
Help us out in any of the following ways, and receive passes to our presales:
• Help Consign49 get media coverage in local publications or news stations.
• Distribute flyers to 10+ fashion friendly locations.
• Help with sign distribution the week before the event.
• Wear comfortable clothing and shoes. We recommend flats. You will most likely be on your feet throughout your shift. Consign49 may have refreshments and snacks available.
• Please make sure to secure babysitting, as children are not permitted during your shift.
• Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your shift. You will be given your job assignment, as well as a Consign49 apron to wear.
• Sign in and sign your executed Volunteer Waiver of Liability form upon arrival; it is required for all volunteers.
• Our sale is run completely by volunteers; therefore we count on each one who has signed up to be there. Any changes to shifts must be done in Flash Consign the Sunday before the event starts. If for any reason you cannot make your volunteer shift, please notify us immediately at email@example.com. Consignors who miss a volunteer shift may risk opportunities to volunteer at future events.
• Private Presale passes will be valid for only ONE person, if you want to shop with a friend, encourage them to volunteer.
• Volunteer presale passes will be given after completion of shift.
Remember, volunteer slots are first come, first served. Register Now!
Frequently Asked Questions
Volunteering at a Consign49 event is a super fun way to get in on the action, and be the first to shop! Here are some FAQ’s. Read through, but if your question isn’t answered, please ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who can volunteer for Consign49 events?
Any Consigner can sign up who has the physical ability to be on their feet for four hours! Our volunteers are the heart of our sales, helping us run them smoothly and seamlessly.
What are the perks for Consign49 Volunteers?
Quite a few! Consign49 volunteers get first hand access to our inventory before the public! Volunteers receive passes to the Opening Night Presale. They also get entered into volunteer only prize drawings and giveaways.
Can I bring my child with me to volunteer?
No, unfortunately we do not allow children to accompany volunteers. Volunteers fully immerse themselves in their work, which makes it nearly impossible to do with children to watch over. In addition, it's a liability we cannot take. Exceptions are nursing babies who can be “worn” on their moms!
What type of Volunteer Jobs and Shifts are available?
Visit our Volunteer Job Descriptions section and sign up today! Not available during those shifts, but have another way of adding value to a Consign49 event? Email us with your volunteer proposal. We're always open to working with everyone in the community to make our event even better!
Can someone else work a shift for me?
Yes! We welcome any volunteers! Husbands, Moms, Sister, etc... Husbands are especially appreciated during set up and take down. Keep in mind however, that only 1 presale pass will be given to each Volunteer.
Is my pass valid for me AND my friends?
Unfortunately no, presale passes are valid for only 1 person. If friends are interested in shopping together, we encourage them to volunteer together.
Any other questions? Email us at email@example.com